Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blue Semi-Sheer

I realized that I never did a post solely for my blue semi-sheer dress.  So without further ado, here it is!


In the design process, the dress went through many changes! I finally settled on an open coat sleeve and a plan gathered front bodice with waistband. 

Before any trim


I used this dress as inspiration for the trimming.  The trim is just a small frill down the center front around the neck and then on the sleeve edges.  The neck started out as a jewel neck and then ended up being a V-neck that is basted back to form the V.



For the first event, I wore a regular rounded collar with it, but I didn't like the way it looked (I don't think it was long enough), so for the next event I made a white lawn frill to go inside the neckline.  I ended up just using the selvedge edge and sewing it to a muslin bias band.  





The fabric is super light and floaty! Truly dreamy! Sadly, it is now late fall and I won't have another opportunity to wear it until at least March (more likely May-July), but, I can't wait to wear this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment